Athletes | Articles | Glossary | Insurance | Males | Organizations | Parents | Professionals | Support | Teens
- Eating Disorder Information for Coaches
- New Muscles and Pounds Boost an American Ice Dancer’s Outlook, NYT, 2010.
- National Athletic Trainers’ Assoc Position Statement: Preventing, Detecting, and Managing Disordered Eating in Athletes [Free Full Text 2008 paper]
- Female Athlete Triad. 2005 BMJ review paper. Free full text, but you’ll need to sign-in.
- Tribole E. Beauty Slaves: The Exquisite Pain of Being So Thin You Hate Food. WSJ Dec 2006
- Tribole, E. Intuitive Eating in the Treatment of Eating Disorders:The Journey of Attunement. Perspectives. Winter 2010:page 11-14.
- Tribole.E. Intuitive Eating: Can You Be Healthy and Eat Anything. Eating Disorders Recovery Today, Winter 2009.
- Men, Boys Lack Options to Treat Eating Disorders. WSJ 2007.
Eating Disorders Glossary
An excellent comprehensive quick-reference eating disorders resource, covering more than 400 terms and concepts used in the diagnosis, treatment and research of eating disorders, eating disturbances and associated conditions. Created by FEAST.
Insurance Coverage Issues
- Academy of Eating Disorders Position Statement:Eating Disorders are Serious Mental Ilnesses.
- Arguments for Insurance Coverage for Eating Disorders Treatment. This article, written by Margo Maine, PhD, describes 10-key reasons treating eating disorders is cost-effective.
- When Insurance Denies Coverage. Excellent article from NEDA, which includes sample letters.
- Treating Eating Disorders and Paying For It. New York Times article provides many resources for payment, reimbursement and free options.
- Eating Disorders Coalition expands Hold Insurance Companies Accountable Campaign to include all denials of eating disorder treatment.
- U.S. Court of Appeal Rules that Insurance Company Must Pay for Residential Treatment for Eating Disorder: Harlick Decision 2011.
Males & Eating Disorders Resources
- Hospitalization for males with eating disorders jumped 37%. Medpage 2009.
- Males and Eating Disorders (several articles and free 60-minute audio).
- National Association for Males with Eating Disorders (NAMED)
- Academy for Eating Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder Association
- Eating Disorders Coalition (EDC)
- National Association for Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders (ANAD)
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Andrea’s Voice for Parents
- Families Empowered& Supporting Eating Disorders Treatment (FEAST)
- Medical Stabilization Program for Patients with Eating Disorders (Torrance Memorial)
- Eating Disorders Anonymous
- Finding Balance
- Joy Project
- National Association for Males with Eating Disorders
- Something Fishy Website on Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorders A General Guide for Teens
- Supporting Young Women with Eating Disorders:A Guide for Family Members & Close Friends